The Tanzania Chemical Society (TCS) was founded in June 1997. The society was officially registered on 17th October 1997 as required by the Tanzanian law under the Societies Ordinance, 1954 and given registration number SO. No. 9150.
The officials of the Tanzania Chemical Society include: A chairperson, a vice chairperson, a secretary, an assistant secretary, a treasurer and members of council.